Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bus Comes When?

      My daughter started pre-school today.  We were told to have her out side by 9:15am. Being who I am, we were out there at 9:10. Not bad. It was a beautiful day and we were having fun. 9:15, 9:20, 9:25, 9:30....still no bus. Finally at 9:40 I drove her to school. When I tried to figure out what had happened and what to expect tomorrow I was told there is only one bus for ALL the preschoolers and my daughter would be on the bus for 30+ minutes each way and no one knew when I should expect the bus to arrive in the morning. THE SCHOOL IS 3 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!  When school was done she wanted to ride the bus home so I figured I'd let her.  I put her on it and went home to sit on my porch and wait for her. I had just opened up my book when the bus pulled up and dropped her off. Okay....
    So this time I talked directly to the Bus Driver. (I apologize to all the cars stopped behind him) Apparently there was a major accident he got stuck behind. Apparently he will be at our house between 9:30 and 9:40 every morning and apparently she will only be on the bus for about 10 minutes.  How does this information get so skewed?  Seems pretty simple to me.
       Anyway, she had a great first day. I guess she will be riding the bus tomorrow.

Communication

With that big communication fiasco eating up time the only thing I had time to do was head to the gym.  With a friend on each side of me on the elliptical we got into a bit of a discussion about communication (granted it revolved more around spouses than school staff). We agree that the biggest problem between the sexes is communication; the technique, the quantity and the desire for. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. While it may be easy (and natural) for women to communicate while exercising, getting a man to do that would be a bit like Sysiphus rolling that great ball up the hill, only to see it roll down the other side. I don't know how or why it is so, but do you ever see guys going to the gym with other guys to do anything but exercise? And communication other than talking sports seems really tough. I just don't know, there must be a way...

    ReplyDelete