Thursday, September 30, 2010

Football is Consuming my LIFE

My oldest son (as I'm sure you are all sick of hearing) playes football. Practice is twice a week with games on Saturday. My daughter cheers for football on Saturdays and practices at the football field the same nights. My husband coaches, which means we get together with the team (like the pot-luck at our house last weekend). My husband also playes in two leagues, one on Wednesday night and one on Sunday. We always watch the NFL games - at least one sometimes three. This weekend we are having people over for the game.  All my husband is capable of talking about right now is football. No matter how the conversation starts, it ends with football.
                 me: " I talked to my sister today. She has morning sickness really bad."
             hubby: "I was feeling sick before my game. The first quarter we............."

                 me: "Boys have homework tonight"
            hubby: " I need to do some research so I can update my fantasy football team"

Our family meals are all centered around football. Practice? it's hamburger helper, fast food or something quick like spaghetti. NFL game? I'm making nachos, pizza or chili. No more big weekend breakfasts with all the trimmings. Now it's protein bars, pop tarts or doughnuts on the way to the game.

I'm doing double the laundry because of all the practice and game clothes. And washing the floor twice as much from all the cleats walking through the house.

Last night after Hubby's game (which they won) kids went to bed. Hubby went to bed.  I sat down at the computer. When Yahoo! popped up there were those little articles about football bloopers, miracle plays and the dead player. I was reading it all for about ten minutes before I realized what I was reading. 
 Football is consuming my life!

3 comments:

  1. That's got to be tiring after a while!
    But with me, I don't do much. My family doesn't do those family things, like school stuff or dinners and that. We watch tv, go on the computer, and that's really it. So I kind of envy all the activity you do, even though I'm not a fan of football x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach him to play proper football!

    It's far less labour intensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fizzee, I'm assuming you are refering to soccer? I already have a kid in that sport too.

    ReplyDelete