Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whose the F*CK are These?!?

Hubby was folding laundry (yes, he's wonderful) when he calls for me to come to the room. As I walk in I see he is holding up a pair of boxer briefs that are obviously not his. "Whose the Fuck are these?!" he yells at me "Whose the FUCK are these?!?!?" At first I had no idea. And then it hits me.  I broke into laughter which seemed to confirm my guilt, which made me laugh harder. I had to call my oldest son in to explain.  I'd been shopping with the kids earlier in the week.  My son said he needed new underwear so I had let him pick some new ones out.  These belonged to our son. Hubby was very relieved.  I wasn't. I mean these boxers wouldn't have fit,well, Hubby. But, they would have fit a slim man. My oldest son is a big guy for his age. He's taller and stockier than most kids his age. People think he's about two years older than he is.  We wear the same size shoe, we share t-shirts, I've got about 8 inches on this kid, max. But I don't think I really SAW how big he was getting. Earlier today I went into the bathroom after he was done showering (which he does exclusively) to collect dirty clothes. The second I opened the door my senses were assaulted with a smell which, until that very instant, I had associated
with men - the smell of a man's soap. My baby was using men's soap?  It
wasn't the soap his father uses though so I asked him about it. He said he
found it tucked into the back of our hall closet.  Sooooooo, not only is he
using it but he actively tried to find it??  Since when was  the  scent of the
ocean not good enough for him?  When did  this start to matter? How  is
this happening so fast???? Getting hit by my son smelling like a guy AND
wearing boxers big enough to freak out my husband all on the same day
is a bit much.  I need a drink.  


2 comments:

  1. Wow -- strange boxers and man scent, all in one day. Thankfully you had a son to lay claim to the boxers. My daughter, when in her teenage years would wear them as pj bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol awhh, this makes me want to give you a hug and a martini.

    ReplyDelete