Sunday, September 5, 2010

run away weekend

This weekend hasn't turned out quite like I had hoped. I was hoping to go to the coast to watch the waves from Earl Friday morning but at the last moment my ride backed out. Saturday simply didn't exist beyond the sports.  We had planned to go out in the boat today but alas, I had a sick kid.

I however, am going to enjoy my life no matter its form 

Friday - (Since I wasn't leaving at 2am anymore) we bought the boys a futon for the basement and transformed their "kids" playroom into a "guys" space.  It's so cool I'm spending time down there. 

Saturday - watched my youngest son practice his position as goalie. I watched my oldest son DOMINATE a football field and I saw my baby girl cheering her little heart out in her adorable little cheer outfit.  Okay, I admit, it really rubs me wrong that she wants to cheer.  But, she is supported all the way. I even (gulp) help the cheer coach at the games. 

Today -Thankfully it was too cold to go out on the boat anyway so instead I managed to whip up some delicious crepes for breakfast and some fresh bread.  We played board games, ordered Chinese food for dinner which we ate in the sun room and watched Wizards of Waverly Place (my kids have gotten me addicted to it).  

Not too shabby for a weekend gone wrong. Ahh but the week still awaits and, yes, my house is a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment