Friday, September 3, 2010

When Time off equals No Time

My husband has four days off work because of the holiday. My school age children have three days off. Big Frickin yay for all of them.  Not that I don't like spending time with my husband and kids, I do. I really do. But as a stay-at-home-mom I don't really get "days off" and everyone else being around the house means it will get messier making my work harder.  It's not just that though. Hubby decided with so many days off big house projects need to be taken care of. I totally agree. The problem? Instead of working on my own stuff or enjoying the weekend I'll be his wing man on these projects.  Don't get me wrong. I actually like manual labor (read my last blog about exercise?) and I like watching something I am working on come together.  But this also means I can't relax when it's done because everything else will be backed up - especially with the kids running free while we do this stuff.  But this isn't the whole problem.  On Saturday I also have a 9am practice for my soccer player, an 11am game for my football player and a 3pm game for my cheerleader.  Sunday and Monday being the holiday there will be a gathering with the In-Laws. So, come Tuesday the "Days off" will actually have been filled with TONS of work and the days ahead of me will be spent playing catch-up.  Hey, this is life, I get that. And I know, I chose to get married, have kids and put them in sports. I do love all of this. It just sucks when you hear "Time Off" and just KNOW it means "No Time" for you.


By the way: This rant partly comes from no sleep since Darling Hubby tossed and turned all night shouting out random things and keeping me wide awake. Don't worry though, he's been sleeping soundly for the past hour or so......................................grrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment