Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Eulogy and an Ode

A Eulogy

He made us laugh
He always made us feel loved
He brought us joy and fulfillment
He was ready for us when we needed him
He knew how to keep things interesting
We only knew him for a short time and his terminal illness was hard on all of us as we watched him fade. He will be missed. He is already missed. I ask that those who knew him join me for a memorial service on Saturday at 9pm. Anyone who would like to share a memory may. There will be no viewing as the family feels this would be inappropriate.
In loving memory of:
Our Love Life
2001-2010

I wrote this at the end of summer. My husband is in college as well as working full time. Finals were getting to him and our love life was suffering. He didn't think it was funny. Maybe you will. 

And an
Ode to My Metabolism

We use to be friends, you and I
To loose weight, I didn't even try
I thought it and POP!
Five pounds would drop

I use to be able to count on you
This morning I looked at my coffee
And I swear my stomach grew

I thought we were Best Friends Forever
Counting calories? Never!
You'd always let me order extra fries
Now the things go right to my thighs

So now I know that no bite is free
How long had you been planning
to ditch out on me?

I know I took advantage of you
I took you for granted, it's true
But you really left me in a rut
Have you seen the size of my new butt?!

Our old friends are no longer welcome here
I can't even tell you when
I last saw cookie, chip or beer

I thought we were a team
What you did was just plain mean
You left me like a bad divorce
But I guess that's par for course

Tight arms, slim hips, adieu
Farewell Metabolism
I guess it's no longer me and you

1 comment: